Michigan Felony Defense Attorneys
Felony Lawyers Dedicated to the Passionate, Zealous, and Tireless Fight to Help and Defend those Charged with Felony Offenses in Michigan.
Do you need a Michigan felony defense attorney?
If you have been arrested and charged with a Felony in Southeastern Michigan or the tri-county area, you will face tough prosecutors. If you are a suspect or the police are investigating you, it is crucial to hire a retained attorney who can attempt to stop the charges as soon as possible. The judges and prosecutors in Southeastern Michigan are notoriously harsh on felony defendants, and you face the possibility of hefty fines, jail time, probation, and a criminal record. A conviction and criminal record may pose a barrier to employment, education, custody, gun rights, and government benefits. You need tenacious, devoted Michigan felony defense attorneys to fight for your rights and future.
A Strong Offense is the Best Defense
The criminal defense attorneys with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. work as hard as possible to protect our clients’ rights from the start of a case to its conclusion. Being charged with a crime does not mean that you are guilty — or that the state can prove you are guilty. We use a team of highly trained defense lawyers and begin immediately to work on your behalf. Our primary goal is to achieve a dismissal of all charges when possible.
Many people ask us why they should hire trial lawyers even if they do not intend to take their case to trial. The reason is simple: we are a credible threat to the prosecution. When prosecutors face “plea lawyers” or “local lawyers,” they know the case will result in a plea, and there is little incentive to reach an extraordinary plea bargain. When a defendant appears with a respected and reputable Michigan criminal trial attorney, the prosecutor is far more likely to agree to a highly favorable resolution, maybe even dismissal.
Felony Defense Attorneys with Reasonable and Fair Legal Fees
At LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C., we understand that money is valuable, and anything you spend on legal fees is less you can save and use for your family. We also understand that having outstanding legal representation and doing whatever is necessary to help you get the best possible defense is a valuable investment. The fees we charge are commensurate with our level of experience and reputation for achieving extraordinary results. That said, we will do everything possible to tailor our legal fees to fit a prospective client’s budget.
Pre-Charge Representation and Consultation
The Michigan felony defense attorneys with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. have extensive experience working with clients facing allegations but no charges in court. By utilizing decades of experience, combined with proactive initiative, we have been able to help clients avoid prosecution or, in other situations, persuade the government to bring less severe charges.
A felony defense attorney can play a crucial role in helping someone on a pre-charge basis, which means assisting them before law enforcement has filed formal charges. Here are some ways in which a felony defense attorney can be of assistance in such situations:
- Legal Advice: A pre-charge attorney can provide legal guidance and advice to individuals under investigation or suspicion of felony offenses. They can explain the potential legal implications and help the person understand their rights and options.
- Investigation and Evidence Preservation: Attorneys can conduct their own investigations to gather evidence that may support the client’s innocence or weaken the case against them. This can include interviewing witnesses, collecting documents, and preserving evidence that may be crucial once charges are filed.
- Negotiation with Prosecutors: Attorneys can engage with law enforcement and prosecutors on behalf of their client to explore potential resolutions before formal charges are filed. This may involve negotiations for reduced charges, diversion programs, or alternative dispositions.
- Protecting Rights: Attorneys can protect and defend their client’s constitutional rights throughout the investigative process, including their right to remain silent and protection against self-incrimination.
- Preventing Unjust Charges: Attorneys can advocate for their clients to prevent unwarranted or unjust charges from being filed by presenting evidence or arguments to law enforcement or the prosecutor’s office.
- Preparing for a Strong Defense: If charges are likely, a pre-charge attorney can start preparing a strong defense strategy early, which can be advantageous in building a robust case.
- Mitigating Potential Consequences: Attorneys can help clients understand the potential consequences of a felony charge and work to minimize those consequences, whether through plea negotiations or other legal strategies.
- Offering Guidance and Support: Facing the prospect of felony charges can be highly stressful and emotional. A pre-charge attorney can provide emotional support, answer questions, and alleviate concerns during this challenging time.
It’s important to note that while a pre-charge attorney can provide valuable assistance in many ways, the situation’s outcome may still depend on various factors, including the strength of the evidence, the prosecutor’s discretion, and the specific circumstances of the case. However, having an experienced attorney involved early in the process can significantly benefit someone under investigation or at risk of felony charges by ensuring that their rights are protected and that the best possible defense strategy is developed.
Your Best Defense Starts Here – Call Us, and We Will Help You
We know that you want to find criminal defense attorneys who will represent you as they would their family members. You will get the care and dedication you deserve from LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. If you want a free consultation with a passionate, capable felony crimes defense lawyer, please call LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. We handle cases in Oakland County, Wayne County, Macomb County, Washtenaw County, Livingston County, and throughout Michigan. When the stakes are high, and there is no room for errors or false promises, our Defense Team is who you want on your side. We have an unparalleled track record of success in and out of court in Michigan.
Call us today at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation or complete an online Request for Assistance Form. We will contact you promptly and find a way to help you.