Felony and Misdemeanor Defense Attorney in Southfield
Southfield judges and prosecutors have a reputation for being tough but fair. To achieve the best possible outcome, an attorney must be aggressive, intelligent, and have a well-known and respected reputation.
What qualities to look for in a Southfield criminal defense lawyer?
You must look for several variables when determining the most experienced and best Southfield criminal attorney for your case. Things to consider include the following:
- Familiarity with the court, its policies, and procedures
- Reputation and The Google Factor
- The “X” Factor
Southfield District Court Information
The 46th District Court in Southfield is one of the busiest district courts in Michigan. A wide variety of criminal cases are charged in that court and prosecuted by the Oakland County Prosecutor and the Southfield City Attorney’s office.
The Southfield District Court handles both felony and misdemeanor cases. Arraignment on warrants, probable cause conferences, and preliminary examinations occur in felony cases in district court. The Southfield District Court presides over all misdemeanors, including domestic violence, OWI-DUI, drunk driving, assault and battery, aggravated assault, retail fraud, resisting the police (AKA obstruction of the police), larceny, stalking, violation of probation (probation violation or VOP), and more. When searching for the best Southfield criminal attorney for you, you want to ensure you hire a criminal defense specialist to protect and defend you.
The Court is located at 46th District Court, 26000 Evergreen Rd., Southfield, MI 48076, (248) 796-5800. The Court is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except for holidays. The Clerk Counter and Cashier are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for holidays. The 46th District Court encompasses Southfield, Lathrup Village, Beverly Hills, Franklin Village, Bingham Farms, and Southfield Township.
Criminal Defense Experience
You want the best Southfield criminal attorney you can get. It is essential that you are protected and defended by someone who has extensive experience handling criminal cases. Many lawyers handle a variety of types of cases. Would you go to a general practice doctor or a heart specialist if you needed a heart procedure? It would be best if you considered prospective attorneys in the same way. If an attorney is going to be the best in their field, they have to specialize in only one area of the law.
Familiarity with the court, its policies, and procedures
The Southfield District Court is much more complex than most courts. The criminal defense lawyers with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. successfully practice in courts throughout Michigan. The firm’s main office is across the street from the 46th District Court in Southfield, Michigan.
In some cases, it may seem like you want a lawyer who is a pit bull or a fire-breathing dragon. In other cases, you may desire a lawyer who is a silver-tongued devil. The truth is the top criminal attorney is one who is excellent at playing both roles.
Reputation and the Google Factor
Never hire a lawyer before you check out their reputation by doing a Google search on them. Websites like www.avvo.com (highest rating is 10.0 superb) and www.martindale.com (highest rating is AV preeminent) are excellent resources to see how his peers and prior clients rank a lawyer. If someone tells you that a lawyer is the best Southfield criminal attorney, a quick check online should confirm if the lawyer has a positive reputation.
The ‘X’ Factor
The only way to know whether a lawyer is really the right person for you is to meet with them and look into their eyes. A lawyer is, by definition, an expert talker. The eyes don’t lie, and when you meet a lawyer in person, you will be in the best position to judge whether that person is the best Southfield District Court lawyer for you.
Choosing the “Best” Criminal Defense Lawyer in Southfield
Choosing the “best” Southfield criminal defense lawyer is subjective and depends on various factors, such as the individual needs of the client, the lawyer’s experience, and the nature of the case. However, here are some characteristics that may be indicative of a strong criminal defense lawyer:
- Experience: A criminal defense lawyer with significant experience in defending clients facing similar charges can provide valuable insight into the criminal justice system, offer an informed legal strategy, and anticipate potential challenges.
- Communication skills: A good criminal defense lawyer should communicate with their client effectively, explain the legal process and legal issues in plain language, and answer any questions the client may have.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: A good criminal defense lawyer should be able to analyze complex legal issues and identify potential defense strategies. They should also be able to anticipate the prosecution’s case and devise compelling counterarguments.
- Strategic thinking: A criminal defense lawyer should be able to devise a comprehensive legal strategy that is tailored to the client’s specific circumstances and goals.
- Reputation and track record: A criminal defense lawyer with a strong reputation and a history of successfully defending clients may be a good indicator of their ability to handle criminal cases effectively.
- Personalized attention: A good criminal defense lawyer should be able to provide personalized attention to their clients, understand their unique circumstances and needs, and offer support throughout the legal process.
- Passion and empathy: A criminal defense lawyer who is passionate about their work and empathetic to their client’s situation may be more invested in the case outcome and more likely to work hard to secure the best possible outcome for their client.
Ultimately, the best criminal defense lawyer is one who can provide effective representation, protect their client’s rights, and achieve the best possible outcome in their case.
Attorneys Who Can Help You
If you would like a free consultation with a highly experienced Southfield criminal lawyer with a successful track record, please call LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. at (248) 263-6800 or fill out a Request for Assistance Form, and we will promptly contact you.
The defense lawyers with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C., have been practicing in the 46th District Court in Southfield for decades and consistently achieve extraordinary results. Many lawyers and prosecutors agree that the lawyers at our firm are some of the best Southfield criminal attorneys in Michigan. They can be voraciously aggressive when appropriate and, when needed, eloquent, persuasive negotiators. Our Southfield-based lawyers have the ability and aptitude to take a case in whatever direction will achieve the best possible results for the client, including fighting for the best plea bargain or an acquittal at trial. Most importantly, we are not afraid to win!
Call us today at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation or complete an online Request for Assistance Form. We will contact you promptly and find a way to help you.