Did you know that a juvenile conviction, also known as an adjudication, stays on a person’s criminal history until they are 31 years old? Did you know that juvenile adjudications are public records that can be used to deny employment or educational opportunities? Did you know that there is no maximum incarceration on a juvenile offense and a kid can be incarcerated until their 19th birthday in Michigan, even on a minor misdemeanor?
If you didn’t know the answers to any of these questions or are concerned about a juvenile that is charged with a felony or misdemeanor, you need to get a top criminal defense lawyer to help him or her. Although accountability and responsibility are important learning lessons for any minor, ruining that person’s life over a juvenile indiscretion is not justice…it is injustice! Some prosecutors and judges in Southeastern Michigan, especially in Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, Washtenaw and Livingston Counties can be ruthless and unconcerned with the consequences of a juvenile conviction. It takes a strong advocate, someone who is intelligent, zealous and strong, to get a kid a resolution that has the minimal possible impact on the minor’s life, in the long-term.
Top Rated and Effective Juvenile Defense Attorneys
At LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C., we regularly represent young adults and teenagers on misdemeanors and felonies in adult courts and juvenile courts. It has always been our policy to not only provide unparalleled criminal defense representation but also to provide guidance to our young clients in an effort to help them turn things around and lead a successful, law abiding life. Based upon our extensive experience working with youth on the verge of making critical, life—altering changes in their lives, we are in a unique position to give guidance in an unbiased, objective and persuasive way. If you have a juvenile or young adult charged with a criminal offense in Oakland County, Wayne County, Washtenaw County, Livingston County, Macomb County or elsewhere in Michigan, please do not hesitate to call the Defense Team with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation. You can also fill out a Request for Assistance Form, if you would like us to contact you. Do not trust your child’s fate to the lowest bidder or an overburdened court appointed lawyer, a retained lawyer with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.LC.
A juvenile may need any of the following types of lawyers, depending on the charges in their case:
- Retail Fraud Defense Attorney
- Uttering and Publishing Defense Attorney
- OWI (Operating While Intoxicated/DUI) Defense Attorney
- Possession of Marijuana (Medical Marijuana offenses) Defense Attorney
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Marijuana Defense Attorney
- Possession of Controlled Substance Defense Attorney
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance
- Armed robbery Defense Attorney
- Arson Defense Attorney
- Assault, battery Defense Attorney
- Criminal sexual conduct and related crimes Defense Attorney
- Cruelty toward or torture of a person or animal Defense Attorney
- Fraud Defense Attorney
- Homicide, murder Defense Attorney
- Larceny Defense Attorney
- Narcotics, alcohol, controlled substance Defense Attorney
- Weapons/firearms Defense Attorney
- Child abuse and neglect Defense Attorney
- Domestic violence Defense Attorney
- CCW (Carrying Concealed Weapon)
- Possession of a switchblade
- Possession of Illegal fireworks.
- Possession of Stolen Property
- Larceny in a Building
- Larceny from a Motor Vehicle
- Resisting and Obstructing the Police
- Fleeing and Eluding the Police
- Traffic Violations
- DWLS (driving while license suspended)
- Reckless Driving/Careless Driving
- Malicious Destruction of Trees and Shrubs
Juveniles and young adults are prosecuted aggressively throughout Michigan. Counties in Southeastern Michigan that are particularly aggressive include Oakland County, Macomb County, Washtenaw County, Wayne County and Livingston County. Any person charged with a criminal offense or accused of a criminal offense in these communities will be in need of the best, most experienced criminal defense attorney possible.