A misdemeanor is a criminal offense punishable by one year or less. The lowest severity of criminal offenses are called misdemeanors. Misdemeanors are prosecuted in district court. Common misdemeanor hearings include arraignment, plea, sentencing, and trial. These offenses are less serious than felonies. Either a state law prosecutor or municiple attorney can prosecute misdemeanor charges. A defendant has the right to request a bench or jury trial and must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Will I have to go to jail for a misdemeanor?
- Here is how to avoid a misdemeanor jail sentence
- Federal Misdemeanor Defense Attorneys
- Misdemeanor Offenses at Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- FAQ – Misdemeanor and Felony Probation Violations
- Lawyers Defending Attempted Felony and Misdemeanor Offenses
- Juvenile and Young Adult Defense for Misdemeanor and Felony Offenses
Call us today at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation or complete a Request for Assistance Form. We will contact you promptly and find a way to help you.