Wayne County Criminal Defense Attorney
Successfully defending felony and misdemeanor charges in Wayne County for decades. We can help when no one else can or will.
Lawyers With Experience in Wayne County
The attorneys with the LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. Defense Team practice in Wayne County courts daily. These Wayne County criminal defense lawyers are recognized nationally for their passionate representation of clients in Wayne County Circuit Court and the various Wayne County District Courts. If you are looking for the best Wayne County criminal lawyer for you, please call LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C., for a free consultation, and we will do everything possible to find a way to help you.
The Wayne County criminal attorneys with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. are dedicated to the passionate, tenacious and compassionate representation of those charged with a felony or misdemeanor in Wayne County, Michigan. We have decades of experience successfully defending criminal allegations in Wayne County. We are adept at handling all aspects of criminal matters, from pre-charge, charge, trial, appeal, and post-conviction motions.
We know that the consequences to clients and their families due to criminal charges can be life-changing in a tragic way. For precisely this reason, our Wayne County criminal lawyers stop at nothing to protect our clients from being over-prosecuted, falsely prosecuted, or being taken advantage of by a prosecutor or a judge who does not care enough to consider our client’s situation adequately. We put forth our best possible effort in each of our cases, and our highest priority is to achieve a dismissal of all charges if possible. You will find the level of experience, dedication, and zealousness with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C., is unmatched.
Wayne County Criminal Justice System
The Wayne County Circuit Court and its judges are notoriously tough and harsh on those charged with criminal offenses. Often lawyers say that in Wayne County, there is a presumption of guilt, and the defendant must prove their innocence. Many lawyers refuse to practice criminal defense in Wayne County and will not take cases in that jurisdiction. In our experience, we have achieved extraordinary results for our clients in Wayne County through tenacious, aggressive, and fearless legal representation.
Like the Wayne County courts’ reputation, the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office is known for being almost militant in its prosecution of cases regardless of whether there is substantial evidence of a person’s guilt. Prospective clients call for a consultation and frequently ask, “why are they going after me like this?” The truth is that it’s not any particular case; they go after all cases like they are capital offenses. Although it may seem like this is a good thing for Wayne County residents, the downside is tragic. Occasionally, the Wayne County Prosecutor charges innocent people with more serious charges than the circumstances or facts justify. The prosecutor is very reluctant to consider any possibility of a wrongful charge or that they charged the wrong person.
We will do everything possible to help protect you, your family, and your future. Most importantly, we are not afraid to win!
Court Process for Criminal Charges
The 3rd Judicial Circuit Court, also known as the Wayne County Circuit Court, handles criminal cases called felonies. Felonies are criminal charges in which the maximum penalty exceeds one year in the Wayne County Jail. Possible sentences for felony charges in Wayne County include probation, fines, costs, jail, prison, and various other terms and conditions.
The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, located in the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice on St. Antoine in Detroit, Michigan, authorizes both felony and misdemeanor charges.
Preliminary examinations in felony cases occur in the 36th Judicial District Court. The Detroit District Court is located at 421 Madison Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226. Felony cases that continue to pretrial, trial, or sentence proceed in the 3rd Judicial Circuit Court, also known as the Wayne County Circuit Court. The Criminal Division of the Wayne County Circuit Court is at 1441 St. Antoine in Detroit, Michigan 48226.
The Expertise and Know-How to Get Things Done
We believe that building relationships and establishing an excellent reputation with Wayne County judges, Wayne County prosecutors, and court staff help us achieve the best possible results for our clients. Through many years of aggressive and successful Wayne criminal defense work, we have built reputations as highly successful, tirelessly zealous, and effective Wayne County criminal defense lawyers.
Our reputation and prior success in the Wayne County Circuit Court and the various Wayne County District Courts have allowed us to achieve results for clients that many of the best Wayne County criminal attorneys would not have obtained.
When you need someone you can trust to honestly stand up and fight for you and not sell you out for a favor down the road, LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. is the Wayne County Criminal Defense team you can trust.
Don’t Trust Your Fate to the Lowest Bidder
When your freedom, family, financial stability, and reputation are on the line, you need a lawyer with the experience, track record of success, and ability to get things done for you in an extraordinary way. The Wayne County Defense Team with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. will fearlessly fight to protect you and your rights. Call us, and we will take the time to review your situation and work with you to plan the best possible defense strategy.
Call us today at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation or complete a Request for Assistance Form. We will contact you promptly and find a way to help you.
We will find a way to help you and, most importantly,
we are not afraid to win!
There is a multitude of felony charges that are handled in the Wayne County Circuit court.
Just a few examples of felony cases that our Wayne County Criminal Defense Attorneys have successfully handled include:
- Wayne County Vehicular Homicide
- Wayne County Violation of Probation
- Wayne County OWI / DUI
- Wayne County Arson of Real Property
- Wayne County Resisting and Obstructing a Police Officer (Obstruction)
- Wayne County Home Invasion First and Second Degree
- Wayne County Breaking and Entering
- Wayne County OWI Causing Serious Injury or Death
- Wayne County Arson of Personal Property
- Wayne County Larceny by False Pretenses
- Wayne County Racketeering
- Wayne County Receiving and Concealing a Stolen Vehicle
- Wayne County Aggravated Stalking
- Wayne County Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW)
- Wayne County Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Wayne County Third Offense – OWI
- Wayne County Retail Fraud (Shoplifting)
- Wayne County Impersonating a Police Officer
- Wayne County Larceny by Conversion
- Wayne County Felony Violation of Probation
- Wayne County Medical Marijuana Charges
- Wayne County False Pretenses
- Wayne County False Report of a Felony
- Wayne County Attempt to Commit a Felony
- Wayne County Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Wayne County Bookmaking
- Wayne County Felonious Assault
- Wayne County Bank Robbery
- Wayne with Intent to Rob While Armed and Unarmed
- Wayne County No Account Check
- Wayne County Nonsufficient Funds Check
- Wayne County Child Support Felony – Refuse or Unable to Pay
- Wayne County Using a Computer to Commit a Crime
- Wayne County Embezzlement
- Wayne County Larceny from a Person or Larceny from a Building
- Wayne County Armed and Unarmed Robbery
- Wayne County Felony Firearm
- Wayne County Assault with Intent to Do Great Bodily Harm
- Wayne County Homicide (murder, manslaughter, and negligent homicide)