Criminal Defense Lawyers in Michigan
A person accused of a crime faces the possibility of various types of consequences. Every charge, even a low-level misdemeanor, is serious and can have a significant, negative impact on your life.
Why a Conviction Can Be Serious and What To Do About a Criminal Charge
In Michigan, local, state, and federal prosecutors can bring criminal charges. A person accused of committing a felony or misdemeanor will face the possibility of jail or prison, years of probation, excessive fines, and various collateral consequences, such as a damaged reputation, inability to obtain meaningful employment, suspension of a professional license, and immigration consequences. With decades of experience successfully defending and protecting clients in courts throughout Michigan, the Michigan criminal defense lawyers with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. know how to win, and they tenaciously fight for every client. We are the Criminal Defense Attorneys to call first if you’re charged with a felony or misdemeanor in state or federal court.
Choosing The Best Michigan Criminal Defense Lawyers
Our Michigan criminal defense lawyers are the best defense against a charge made in Michigan. We are nationally ranked, awarded, and have achieved some of the highest legal distinctions in the United States.
The unique thing about LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. is that we have a team of experienced lawyers, paralegals, and other professionals who work together on every case. We collaborate on strategies and defenses, roll-play hearings, trials, and motions. We commonly say, “when you hire one of us, you get all of us.” When one of our lawyers walks into the courtroom, the judge and prosecutor know that you are backed by our combined power, influence, and skill. Our extraordinary combination of skills and experience is unmatched by any lawyer or law firm in Michigan. We will find a way to help you.
Examples of Cases Handled by LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of a small portion of the state and federal offenses routinely and successfully handled by the Defense Team with LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. Suppose you are trying to find a criminal defense attorney who will faithfully and aggressively defend you on any criminal charge in Michigan, including any of the following. In that case, you are in the right place.
- theft crimes, such as retail fraud, shoplifting, robbery, uttering and publishing, check fraud, and larceny,
- violent crimes, such as assault, battery, domestic violence, aggravated assault, domestic strangulation, assault with intent to do great bodily harm, stalking, criminal sexual conduct, child abuse, resisting and obstructing the police, child molestation, and felonious assault,
- weapon crimes, such as carrying a concealed weapon (CCW), possession of a firearm while intoxicated, felon in possession of a firearm, felony firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of an illegal firearm or ammunition, illegal distribution or trafficking in firearms,
- drug and controlled substance crimes, such as possession of an illegal drug or controlled substance, distribution or trafficking of controlled substances, possession with the intent to deliver, drug use, drug manufacture, conspiracy, prescription fraud or distribution, and medical marijuana crimes,
- driving crimes, such as OWI, DUI, OWPD, OWVI, drunk driving, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, civil infraction causing serious injury or death, a felony with a motor vehicle, and failure to report an accident,
- white-collar crimes, such as embezzlement, conspiracy, fraud, internet crimes, healthcare fraud, bribery, public corruption, false pretenses, and credit card offenses,
- building and structure crimes, such as home invasion, breaking and entering, malicious destruction of a home or building, entry without owner’s permission, and arson of a home or building,
- property crimes, such as malicious destruction of property and arson,
- homicide charges, such as murder, involuntary homicide, OWI causing death,
- crimes against society, such as resisting and obstructing the police, disarming a police officer, obstruction of justice, child pornography (CSAM), contempt, and
- post-judgment issues, such as appeals, expungements, 6.500 Motions, motions for early discharge from probation or supervised release, motions to modify probation conditions, driver’s license restoration, and violation of probation.
- expungements, meaning our top criminal defense lawyers can remove unlimited misdemeanors and up to 3 felony convictions from our client’s criminal history.
We Can Help You – Let Us Show You How
The attorneys at LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. know that a criminal conviction can impact your life in more ways than one, and as a result, we’ll work tirelessly and fearlessly to get your charges dropped or reduced. In addition to the stigma of serving time in jail, you could encounter child custody problems, lose your driver’s or professional license, or possibly your livelihood. Don’t leave the rest of your life up to chance by hiring a bargain-priced Michigan criminal defense lawyer or a general practice attorney. Retain the attorneys who will aggressively represent you to ensure the best possible outcome in your situation. You can always feel confident that LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C. will have your best interest at heart, and we aren’t afraid to win.
Call us today at (248) 263-6800 for a free consultation or complete an online Request for Assistance Form. We will contact you promptly and find a way to help you.